A Perfect Afternoon.

The 1975/vinyl
Yo. Hi. Hey. What's up. I rarely get a day off when I have an empty space in my diary that isn't taken up by dance dance dance and oh work. But I had a spare afternoon today, hip hip hooray. Don't all ask me at once to hang out ;) This is my idea of a perfect day... 

1. T Tea tea tea and more tea. Most people are aware of my dying love for tea therefore on days off a cup of tea is the staple diet for the day. When at college or busy I can not full fill my tea needs as it makes me pee lots and a toilet is never available at all times therefore I have to sadly cut down on my love. Booo! A brew to wake me up in the morning is the best thing! I am pampered at my boyfriends and wake ups to one already made, Cheers Pam! (Shout out to Luke's mum). So yes PG tips your my number 1, luv you lots 4 eva.

2. Food has to be second on the list of course. My fav fav foods are hummus with warm pitta, mmm my mouth is actually watering thinking about it! As much as I don't like to jump on the bangwagon of bowing down to the place that is apparently 'cheeky' and most Essex boys diet , you guessed it ..Nandos. However their hummus with Peri-Peri drizzle is amazingballs. I cannot get enough of it. Trying to replicate it at home is not an option, never taste the same. Second thing I may even bow down to is a cinnamon roll! I actually can imagine this on a golden plate emerging from the clouds with a beam of light where it will land. They are so so unhealthy but a treat you must have once in while. I share this love with one of my best friends Annie, both of us fall weak at the knees when presented with one, they are a perff combo with tea.

3. Number three to add to my perfect afternoon is good relaxing music. I don't narrow my music playlist down to one or two genres but open to almost everything. I can vary from upbeat songs that are currently in the charts to indie bands that haven't even made it in the charts. Although when listening to music to relax I will probably pick bands like 1975, Ben Howard, Bears Den, Two Door Cinema Club and Mumford and Sons. I just connect better to these bands and give me that sense of relaxation and belief in a way. My 1975 vinyl is my love at the moment. There's something special about vinyl, that raw sound and the added crackling in the background just makes it feel more real and live.  

4. A Alone time. My life is crazy busy. I'm here there and everywhere. Meeting new people, always around people. Don't get me wrong I love meeting new people and being social, it's needed in order to function as a human. However peace and quiet and being by myself for a few hours just takes weight of my shoulders. It's a strange thought as you get 8 hours a day when your alone and things are quiet, but sleeping is unconscious. You aren't actually taking in the surroundings and different sounds and views. You would think being alone and silent would put you into an 'overthinking' state however its the complete opposite for me, its gives me that reassurance that my life is organised and time to breath and stop. My life feels like a performance everyday, but I wouldn't change that for anything, its my passion. 

5. Mix and match. Oh there's nothing better knowing you don't need to make effort for anything or anyone. No make-up and the most random outfit put together. My afternoon clothes were grey joggers, that are probably from when I was in secondary school ( proud moment that I haven't gained too much weight), an adidas boys training top which is very oversized (mine, not the boyfffs) odd fluffy socks to help with the bad circulation and a tartan scrunchie. I must say I look rather fab and will be appearing in vogue labelled as the best dress... who even cares what I look like, I'm at the comfortable stage with the boyfriend therefore I would probably not get changed if he were to come round. Embracing the weirdness and main aim of being comfy. 

So there you have it, my perfect afternoon. So next time you know I have a day off don't disturb me as I want to be alone in the company of a cinnamon roll and Nandos Hummus. Listening to vinyl records looking like an absolute state. Second thoughts you would probably get scared away by the make-up less face and interesting dress sense. What's your perfect day off?  Make sure you follow me on social network things.

With Love Always
B
x

Comments