écouter votre corps

So I haven't blogged in like forever. And I mean forever. I guess I have the same excuse as everyone else that I'm super busy with work and the lead up to Christmas, blah blah. Honestly, I have missed it so much. Don't get me wrong I have been up to exciting stuff, things are moving along swiftly in my life and I just haven't had the time to sit down and actually write. It's kinda cool though...My lil sister has actually started a blog about Musical Theatre and I feel super proud. She was asking me to proof read it (I don't know why because my spelling and grammar is not the best) but I was more than happy to and felt rather blessed that she asked me. Anyway this got me thinking and wanting to start my blog again and hopefully do more blog posts frequently. Even if I was talking to myself most of the time. It gave me that release and just chills me out when rambling about random stuff.

So this leads me onto this post. Listening to your body. If your not into yoga and being in touch with yourself thats totally cool and nothing wrong with that. Before I even started yoga I was in that boat. I just felt so distant from myself, I felt lost and felt like the only thing I knew was dancing. It was my life. I loved it but always struggled with everything else. I would become a massive introvert at times and went through such a bad phase when I 
couldn't express my true feelings and instead covering them up and keeping them to myself. I had great friends around me at college and even found talking to them extremely hard to do. Looking back I was in such a bad place. And it has honestly taught me so much.

To talk to others. This year has been so many ups and downs. I'm not normally one of these people who reflects on my year and comments on how emotional it has been or the downs I had faced because truly I have been okay in the past or just swept it under the mat. But this year I can say it has been one heck of a ride. This was the year I found my voice and was able to talk to friends about my worries and what I was experiencing. I know it must sound silly and you may be thinking thats what friends are for, but I am someone who would rather not pile my problems on you and would rather be the listener. But guess what... it made me feel ten times happier and able to get through days that I would normally struggle through. As hard as it seems sometimes talking it out can make such a difference. You mental health is everything. Look after yourself.

Rest please. Its too easy to keep going. I know. Growing up dancing several times a week then going onto to full time college and dance day in day out your body eventually reaches that phase and needs rest and recovery. I am very good at not listening to my body and 'pushing through' as such and hoping that my body will play along and hold in there I guess. Wrong. It will get to that breaking point and could make yourself worse. Working with children and teaching well over 150 kids a week ( probs more) and as much as I love them, as a token of their love they share their coughs, colds and illnesses. I guess I have built up some immune system but not strong enough sometimes. Thats when I need to give myself rest. And that even means missing yoga. *sad face. And guess what ...that worked also. I listened to my body, gave myself some well earned rest and bam I was back. Still tryna avoid all the kids with snotty noses...

Good vibes. Do you ever get bad vibes off people or situations. I don't know if its because I am getting older or that I know what I want to be around but its a weird sensation when something just doesn't sit right. It can be the people you are around or even a conversation you are having with someone. It can even be a conversation your not having but in the same room or hearing in the distance. I used to just go along with people, to feel like I fit in or share the same views as people so I don't cause upset. But now I find myself slowly drifting away from people that give off those negative vibes or I just don't like where the conversation is heading. Or if I cannot avoid it as such just simply tune out. You know when you have the same 'vibe' as someone as such, when you get that buzz and you can feel the positivity bounce between you. Or not even positivity but connection with two or more people. Thats truly special. There is far too much negativity in this world and sometimes it is hard to get away from it all. Why would you want to add more to your life when talking to others. 

Food glorious food.We are fast approaching the Christmas holidays. I have already received a mound of chocolate from some of the kids I teach and already happily started on these. Joking with my parents that I will come back the size of a house in the new year and have to be rolled through the door. Thinking back I know it was a joke but really what does it matter. My mum always told me to be happy in my body and stuff what the scales say. Yes it is important to maintain a healthy body and mind but being restrictive and obsessive along the way will sure ruin that. I have *nearly learnt to listen to my body. I try maintain a healthy balanced diet during the week not only for weight management reasons but to fuel my body with the right foods I know will get me through a day of teaching and a class of yoga. Of course there are times I just want a jam sandwich and snack on the go but this gives me balance in my life and freedom to give myself choice. This stops me going mad and eat the whole kitchen. If you fancy a curry...have a damm curry. If you want beans on toast... have the beans. (Just not too many because it may cause flatulence)

So there you have it, it may sound pretty simple the things I have written about but I have tried to put these things into practice daily and my god it has made a huge difference. You body is there for a reason. It is constantly sending messages to your brain, even simple things like, I am hungry, I am tired, I need a wee... You listen to those things (well not all the time) so why cannot you listen to it sending you messages about other things. The mind and body are a powerful thing. Use it to your full advantage. Learn new things, expand your mind. And just be your damm self.  because know one else can live your life for you. Theres my little spill and preach for ya. It has always been my absolute pleasure writing these blog posts. Hope you got something out of it. Even if it was finding out my name...



Comments