Mrs Poached Egg.

How do you like your eggs in the morning? I certainly like mine with a kiss but that's not possible every morning unless you have a pet dog or you have a soppy partner. So I guess I will have to stick with poached eggs and a cuppa. When its comes to cooking them people have different methods. I think I have tried them all... An easy way is in the microwave but few seconds later BOOOMM! My microwave is wearing the egg. Lets try something different. My mum bought this silicon mold where you crack the egg into it and put it into boiling water. Nope. Nope and double nope. That went straight in the bin. Then we bought a poacher. The dam thing takes years to get the water boiling and then takes over 6 minuets in the poacher. Byeeeeee. Going back to the old method of getting a boiling pan of water, dash of vinegar then getting the water to swell really fast then dropping the egg in. Perfect. Well almost perfect every time. I will admit Luke is the king of poached eggs. Apart from the other day when his winning streak was starting to wear off and lets just say the poached eggs were not spoken to kindly... Anyway poached eggs are a good healthy breakfast / lunch and always seem to fill that spot of hunger and see me through the day as cereal wouldn't. There are many way to dress a poached egg, I think of it as its different moods. So it has its lazy day, so on plain bread/ toast, then the city look - on top of a bagel or its out out look on ryvita wearing hardly anything (thin Ryvitas) or just plain adventurous inside of an avocado. The poached egg likes to have accessories too , so you can add a thick layer of avocado one day or wrap her up in crispy bacon. Cheeky hint, her favourite perfume is lemon juice and seasoning.. But enough playing dress up I thought I would share with you my poached eggs look below and maybe you could give it a try yourself.
The 'Adventurous Poached egg'

So I saw this done ageeeesss ago and never actually attempted it- but it was time for the deed to be done. I saw that Joe Wicks 'The Body Coach' has done a version and he simply just cracked an egg into an avocado and shoved it in the microwave. Things are never that simple for me. First the egg was too big and the egg was just over flowing and I even took out some of the avocado flesh. Then once putting the egg in the microwave I was so scared of it exploding I kept checking it every two seconds but nothing actually happened... It took ages to cook and I mean ages. Hmm my microwave is a pile of crap but still. Anyway it looks adventurous and pretty simply to make. Definitely instagram-able folks. 

The 'Lazy Poached egg'

So here is the classic or the lazy look in my words. The nice and simple bread wacked in the toaster. Crack open an avocado and dash some chilli flakes and lime juice (not too much - trust me, oppss) and give it a good old smoosh. Then simply layer it on nice and thick onto the toast. While your doing that grill your bacon so it comes out all cripsy then poach some eggs. Bobs your uncle. I don't have an uncle called bob. But I do have a yummy lunch waiting to be eaten.

The 'City look poached egg'

Whenever I think of bagels or have an bagel I always think of New York. Obviously because of the New York bagels you can buy so brain automatically makes a link and that's all you can think of. But I wouldn't mind trying a classic New York bagel actually in New York. Hint Hint Luke.. But for now I'm stuck in England pretending I can put together decent food for me to eat. Those pictured are actually Tesco's own brand of bagels, still as nice, especially when toasted slightly. So that's where this starts, a toasted bagel and of course the crispy bacon and poached egg. I decided to add a dash of sesame oil, lime, chilli and finely chopped peppers (Half a version of Joe Wicks) to my smooshed avocado and then layered that on nicely. There you go another way of having poached eggs. 

The'Out Out Look Poached Eggs'


Last but not least we have my most loved lunch on Ryvitas. I called it the out out look as when you go out you tend to wear less clothing (well if your me I tend to go against this rule and wear whats comfy) therefore there is less carbs in this by having the thin layers of Ryvitas. It makes sense in my head, I swear... This was just plain avocado with a bit of seasoning then placed my lovely poached egg that I as rather proud of I must say but a perfect runny yolk then chucked on my crispy bacon that so happened landed like that and look aesthetically pleasing despite my efforts to make it look presentable. 

Loving the poached eggs at the moment. One must find new food.