PRAGUE PACKING

Every time I am packing to go somewhere it always seems to be cold where I am going. Why do I do it to myself? haha. Most people say you go on holiday to relax and get away from this crappy English weather we have to put up with. But not me. I am off to Prague on the 19th and yes Luke will be coming to. This time last year we went away on our first holiday together to the beautiful city of Berlin, where it made my Christmas so magical. I loveeeed the Christmas markets in Berlin & had heard from a few friends that Prague equally has some stunning markets and Prague in the winter is the place to be. That was it I was already on the hunt to look for hotels way back in the start of summer. I love it how Luke just goes along with my excitement of planning another trip and just leaves it all up to me which I really don't mind as if you know me I like to be head chef and an organisation queen. He just gets the hotel pictures and description flooding through his inbox asking for an opinion at random times of the night as I cannot contain my excitement. I even had to get him out of bed to go downstairs to get his passport so I could book the flight for this. 'Cannot this wait till the morning' 'NOOOO it can not'. BOOKED. A very Happy Bethany . Now the long wait. (Reminiscing back to start of summer) It was too early to even start planning what we wanted to do etc...

But back to the current day and we are a week away from jetting off. Now loads of people do their packing different. You have the ones like me who plans a day to do it (So this Wednesday) makes sure everything is completed that day then makes 'to do lists' leading up to the day. Then on the flip side you have people like Luke who leaves it to the night before and just chucks things in a bag, having to run out last min as hes body wash isn't 100 ml and then needing a reminder to go and exchange some money for the trip. Wow that even stresses me out having to type that out... I used to not get involved with his packing but I had to intervene eventually just to make sure he didn't forget anything which would probs send me into melt down mode. And breathhhhh.... 

So what to wear? I had bought a new coat for the trip, which was a wrap round one which also was extra long which will give my legs some more warmth. I guess it layers on layers. I found when I went to Berlin I took far too much stuff... I ended up wearing the same jumper but just swapping what layers I had underneath. Although I always take too far stuff when packing, I like to be over prepared or in the short term being a girl with a lot of stuff. But this time I said to myself I would limit what I would take. Probably a few pairs of jeans and then just two jumpers and layers layers layers. I am only going for three days. Most of my space will be taken up will my cameras and making sure they are protected when travelling. I'm not much of a heels gal so I will probs just take one pair of my Dr Martins and they will serve every outfit and everyday. Good old Docs. I'm so glad the roll neck jumpers are still in as they are perfect for keeping you warm and also you don't always have to wear a scarf. I find with scarfs they can be fiddly and end up strangling you. Or is it just me who cannot wear a scarf and sounding silly... Any who, just be warm when going away somewhere cold. The worse thing is trying to look your best and end up being freezing cold and miserable. Listen to your mother when she says put a coat on, trust me you will need it.

If anyone has been to Prague and wanted to share their experience with me I would welcome it with opening arms! I all for other ideas, places to go, places to see and most important places to eat! (although I am a organised freak at the end of the day so I have already prepared this well in advanced) But hope you enjoyed this blog, I will hopefully be doing a video on Prague which will be on my YouTube channel and also a 'to do list' in Prague blog post. See you when I get back where I can share my stories via my blog.