Welcome to my May favourites. Actually it's the first time I have decided to write a post like this. So hear it goes.
I think I will struggle with this blogpost every month as I am creature of habit and changing my routine or things I use or like is very rare and something I am not very good at. 
But it will be a challenge for me to try new things and not be set in my own ways. 


If you want to call what I wear fashionable.. its my own stye and things that I feel comfortable in. You would rarely catch me in something because it 'looks cool' but totally uncomfortable thats just not me. I'm all about the comfort. My wardrobe doesn't change often. I am so fortunate that my best friend Rubie gives me bags full of clothes nearly every time I see her. Most of my wardrobe is recycled from her, I kinda don't care though. Although I will do an Asos shop online occasionally but it rarely goes over £40 and most of the stuff I buy is in the sale. But lets get to my May favourites I have bought.

Vans Old school , yes I am aware everyone in the world has these and they are considered 'fashionable' at the moment but I have always been a fan of vans. I had the original low tops in a blue and wore them to death, they were so smelly and tatty by the end I was heart broken when I had to chuck them away finally. Since then I have always wanted to get another a pair but never bought any. However one night I took the plunge and ordered some of Amazon. Boom nice and easy and now they are officially my fav pair so far. They go with pretty much every outfit, you can wear them with jeans or even a casual dress like I did the other day.
Angel wing necklace , I have so many cute necklaces and other bits of jewellery hanging around my room and building up in my bowl I never wear all of them. Also being a teacher I don't like wearing loads of jewellery, the only thing I wear is my Fitbit and my earrings that don't ever come out anyways. Although recently I have been wearing this angel wing necklace I dug out. Its so simple yet beautiful and a perfect length chain for all outfits. It also reminds me of our angel we sadly lost a few years ago. Daniela . She is missed & loved by so many.



MacBook Air , Okay so clearly I am not going to buy things like laptops every month, who has that kind of money? I certainly don't. But I have been saving hard for this pretty much my whole life. I had my other HP laptop for over 5 years, and it was my first laptop and still going strong now. (Thanks to a dad who is a computer wiz and keeps it in order with updates etc) But I was keen for a Mac. Luke got an air a few months ago when he exchanged his phone in to CEX shop and he is rubbish with all technology and I have ended up using it more than he has! So when I knew someone was selling theres and offering a price I couldn't refuse I had to jump on the offer. I didn't need a new laptop really but the offer was too stupid to reject so I took the plunge. I got an MacBook Air 13 inch. Very happy Bethany. 

DJI Phantom 3 Standard, I know I said its not every day that I buy new laptops and new electronics but this month has turned into a blow out obviously. It won't continue don't worry, well it cannot full stop. So Luke and I have been toying with the idea of getting a drone. Why do you want a drone? *Everyone asks. Well, I am all about filming in different ways and using different equipment, I mean I am no wiz with cameras and editing I just enjoy it as a hobby and love editing videos. I am one to plan things and make a date to buy something, especially if its something big and worth a fair bit, I normally have to convince myself fully that its a good idea just so I won't back out. But Luke being Luke just rocks up one Saturday and says "come on, we're going to buy a drone". At first my mind was going into melt down mode like I was thinking all possibilities but then the 'fuck it' attitude kicked in (that I seemed to have developed since being with Luke) and I agreed. Obviously still nervous in the car on the way and overthinking massively. But we bought it. We went for the basic drone DJI do which is perfect for beginners. We have taken it out a few times in big fields and the footage is amazing! We are planning to take it away with us to Lake Garda to film bits which I am very excited about. 



If someone recommended me a book a year ago it would go in one ear and exit the other one pretty sharpish. I have never been a book kinda girl. When trying to read a book I found myself skipping words and even sentences because I was getting bored and just wanted to say I had finished a book. But really not taking anything in from it and practically learning nothing. My brother lent me the book 'The beach' like over 6 months ago and I am not even half way through yet, I take it away when travelling but only progressing another few pages but having to go back anyway because I had forgotten what I had happened because it had been so long. Things are starting to change.

'Beyond sugar shock' was a book I came across when on Amazon one day. I was curious to have a read when saw it mentioned in a article on women health online. The book was £10 and free next day delivery, even if the book was a load of rubbish and sat on my shelf I didn't spend loads on it. But I was trapped reading this book. I still haven't finished it (no surprise there) but I am truly captivated by this book and about sugar. I cannot put it down. It is scary reading about what sugar is doing to our bodies and how it is effecting us in many different ways.  I am trying to cut down using my phone and scrolling through social media for hours on end and replacing it with reading this book. I feel a lot more as ease and relaxed now in the spare time I have reading. You should give it a try, it helps me drift off to sleep easier too. 

Music is a huge part of my life. I grew up listening to various artists and danced everyday from classical music in a ballet class to current 'in the charts' music in a hiphop class. I listen to the radio every day in the car too, sticking to Radio one mainly so I guess I am 'up to date' with whats new etc. Luke & I use his Apple car play when driving so the ball is in his court when he is driving. We have similar music taste which is good so we just chill out and listen to some good music. He has got me into a band called 'Half Moon Run', their music is so chilled and totally up my street so I soon downloaded most of their album. Its great when I have done a hard workout and then I put on an acoustic version of 'Full circle' by 'Half Moon Run' to do a long stretch and cool down to. Perfect. Give them a listen. 


If you follow me on Instagram you would know I have been pretty absent and thats the same for my blog. Life has got in the way as it always does plus I wanted to take a break from social media and only blog when I felt like it otherwise I find the content isn't as good as it can be and I am not 100 % happy with it. So thats my social media life story over. But going back to my Instagram you may have noticed I posted that picture above a few months back, so how can it be included in your May favourites I hear you say. Well in the month of May I have be practically having a smoothie bowl most mornings. (apart from when staying at Luke's) but my Nutri Bullet has had a good go with many different variations of smoothie bowls. I'll list some of my favs below:

The one photographed above is so basic. Its a handful of frozen berries that I buy from Tesco's in the frozen section then I add a handful of frozen mango to make it creamy and to add bulk to it. Shove that in the Nutri Bullet with some almond Milk and a cup of water and watch it turn into a yummy smoothie. Afterwards I pour it into a bowl (drinking the left overs) then add some chia seeds and mixed nuts. Then enjoy my smoothie bowl that will set me up for the day. Oh Sometimes if I want to bulk it out I will add some porridge oats but usually thats enough and I will fill me up.

So there you have it, a few May favourites for you to try out for yourself or not.. haha. Thanks for the support as always.