Let's get back on track


Back To Reality.
Bank holiday and half term has ruined me. So it goes a bit like this.. bit too much alcohol, not enough exercise, naughty foods, waking up late, late nights, chucking random comfy clothes on, no make-up during the day and if I have to go out sunglasses it is! I suppose the only good thing I have done is allowed my face to breath without being piled with make-up...however I did fake tan at the weekend which has clogged my skin and left me looking like patch work. Such an attractive look.. It is slowly toning down and I am once again returning to my normal white paleness. Remind me not to fake tan..ever.. I have had a week off and admittedly I have let myself go and I do regret this, this week has passed so quick it has felt like I blinked and it is now Saturday?!? whattttt you sayyy..  But I turned it around on Thursday and got back on track. Never too late to start working hard, every second counts. This post is about how I have got back on track and if your reading this and in need of getting back into that loop of happy healthy-ness keep reading and I hope it helps :) I certainly feel like an A class slob and in need of detox and this is what I have been doing to help shift this feeling and back to where I was before.

Wednesday night I was laying in my bed feeling sorry for myself and couldn't wait for this day to be over so I could start again fresh on Thursday. A new me ...again haha. Thursday morning I woke up fairly early, and first thing I had was hot water and lemon. I usually have this everyday normally but somehow ruled it out when on half term. (I do strange things when i'm not in my usual routine)  I was feeling sluggish so the thought of porridge was too much and felt I couldn't handle anything too filling. A smoothie/ juice thang I made. Big juicy melon was on the side waiting for me,(It was like it was a sign from the gods) so I chucked that in the blender.. no not literally although some people wouldn't put it past me. I added some lemon juice, and a medium sized apple and blended that all together. It was so refreshing and so goood to have after few days of eating crap processed foods. The weather was gorgeous so I took my smoothie outside, where I sat in the steps in my garden in my dressing gown soaking up the vitamin D. I was disturbed by my cat wanting some attention, and she wanted to stick her nose in my smoothie glass. I was trying to get a photo of it for my blog and every photo I took she has made an appearance in it...diva cat. But she soon walked away when she realized it was just fruit. In fact she didn't bother me all day, probably because she knew I wouldn't feed her like always (and no I am not cruel to my cat we just have disagreements.. haha, its a known fact that we are only mutual friends)

Okay after my melon smoothie I was feeling pretty full, so made myself a cup of green tea so wash it down. These next few days I was doing a mini detox and giving my body a rest of harsh foods and to give it time to recover from these past crazy days. But I wasn't going silly and just living off juices, simply watching what i'm eating to make it easier for my body to shift all those nasty toxins that have built up. Green Tea is a perfect way to kick start removing toxins, so I tried to drink more green tea instead of ya normal cup of T. Of course me being me I could never cut of tea completely.. even thinking about that makes me sad.. my attachment to tea is just too strong and I would fight for a brew! (joking of course) So breakfast set me up for the day and I was ready to conquer the world and the list of things I needed to do. Most days I stuck to this pattern, getting up and making a smoothie which would set me up for the day and make me feel good. I would then do a workout, stretch and complete more things on my 'to do list'. One day, I had so much energy I ended up doing a workout and stretch in the morning then in the afternoon killed myself off with a 5km run. Made me feel good though. As mentioned before making smoothies now is just so easy and takes no time at all. I have a routine in the way I do it, so get everything out I need and prepare the smoothie. And when the smoothie is blending start filling the bowel up with soapy hot water so it's ready to chuck straight in there. I normally like my smoothies super cold so I stick them in the freezer for a bit while I am washing up the blender shizz then while the stuff is drying on the draining board i'm slurping down my smoothie. Done and dusted... look at them organisation skills.


For lunch I would make a summer salad full of goodness. On Thursday I opened a can of mixed beans and that lasted me a few days after that so just chucked them lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach leaves & grated carrot. Yumm. The day moved so quick so I rarely snacked, but If I was a bit peckish I would have some fresh fruit or a handful of nuts and raisins. I'm lucky that my parents cook for me, so they have been healthy meals like always, from meatballs and rice to chickpea pasta. Although one night I was going out to see my mad college friends so I had to prepare something quick before I left. I just cooked up a combination of buckwheat and quinoa and added a chicken stock cube to it to give it some flavor. I prefer combining the buckwheat and quinoa together to give it that thicker texture plus sometimes I find quinoa will not fill me up as much as buckwheat would.  Before that I peeled a large sweet potato and cut it into small cubes and seasoned it. As I didn't have enough time to roast it I just bunged it in  the microwave to soften it enough to eat. Also adding my all time favorite greenie, broccoli to the mix. Perfect, done and dusted .

So these past few days I have got back on track and to where I want to be. Falling off track always happens, and does happen to everyone at some point. It doesn't mean you have failed just simply gets you to reflect where you have gone wrong and then next time you can hopefully avoid it. Of course I am not saying having fun and letting your self go is forbidden and wrong to do. After all we all need time to relax and wind down but you have to know your own personal limits and when to stop. You as an individual is completely different to the person next to you. We all have our own problems, goals, patterns in life and all on a journey somehow therefore in order to progress and improve you need to know yourself inside and out and only you can change it. Back to college on Monday for another 6 weeks of full out hard work. Bring it on! I will say sorry now for the lack of posts again after this, as I will be super busy. But feel free to ask me any questions you would like answering. Drop me an email or follow me on twitter. Also follow me on Instagram to see what I have been cooking! Stay happy and healthy people.  

Twitter - bethanytrower
Instagram- simplybethany__ (that's under score/ under score)
email- bethtrower@hotmail.co.uk

 With Love Always
B  

x

Comments