Tea and cakes anyone?

Happy Birthday Nan!
Good afternoon! Hope everyone is enjoying what's left of the bank holiday weekend. I certainly am with endless amounts of tea and catching up on BBC Radio One's Big weekend highlights. So perfect right now. Right this post is dedicated to my wonderful Nan! This week she turned 90 years old, yes I just said Ninety. And she looks fab, not even fab..amazing....she is such an inspirational women and has made such a positive impact on my life. This post does not do her justice how amazing she actually is. So to celebrate her birthday we organised an Afternoon Tea party where all family & friends joined to wish her a happy birthday. I was beyond excited that it was a tea party, purely because there was tea involved and most people are aware for my love of tea! Plus its something different to do, family parties just turn into crap music with too much party food left over that no one wants to take home. This had a happy medium, there were cakes and sandwiches served with a few cakes to spare which people didn't mind taking them home and the music was in the background playing soft old fashioned music. The room my auntie hired for the event fit the theme perfectly. High ceilings with decorated fancy patterns on the ceiling with matching over sized mirrors hanging on several walls. Perfect setting. I always have a story to tell when doing anything haha...

First of all I wanted a cute outfit to wear. Just a plain-ish simple dress will do me nicely. Did I find one? no . Normally I don't fuss over getting new clothes when going out, usually content with what I have in my wardrobe already. But I thought this was a special occasion and I hadn't been shopping in ages so why not. After teaching in the morning I trekked to Westfields Shopping Center in Stratford. I lied it's not a treck, simply hop on the train  and your there in less half hour. I went in basically every shop. Tried a few things on. eww to everything. Eww to what they were, eww to what I looked like in them and eww was the mood I was in for the rest of the day. I know I shouldn't be so negative but it did remind me why I don't bother going shopping often and sticking with my happy wardrobe is the best option in life! I wore my black sparkly dress in the end which is cute little number.
I had worn it before but it comfy and not tight therefore I could fill my belly up with lots of food and wouldn't see a little belly poking out haha. Well i hoped that was the case anyway.Wore a comfy pair is heels and they stayed on for the whole time which a new record as my heels tend to come off under the table when I am wearing them. Suppose my outfit wasn't a disaster in the end like I thought it would be. Arrived nice and early to help with the setting up i.e arranging tables and chairs, putting up banners and balloons. There was one thing missing though. The caterers... no sign of them. Opss. Okay maybe they were running a bit late, traffic? Still no sign of them and people were starting the arrive. More and more people and no food. Now time to panic. There was even thoughts of going down to Tesco and buying cupcakes and sandwiches and doing it our self. dammm. Everyone was basically here and they finally arrived. The food literally got chucked out and eaten within seconds.Especially on my table with most of my cousins that food was eaten within two seconds. We even swapped an empty tray of sandwiches with a new batch from another table haha. Onto the cakes.. . mini scones with thick cream and jam, colorful macaroons, chocolate eclairs, cute cupcakes and many more. Tea tea tea. ahh so over whelming with all this food. Everyone sang happy birthday in perfect tune, nah not really. More cake. Fruit cake, yum! Next was time for the family photo's. tradition . Doing it in groups and it starts to rain yey! oh well. Rest of the afternoon was spent talking to family members and catching up. My dad's side of the family is rather large so family occasions are the only time I get to see everyone. It was lovely to catch up with people and see my Nan enjoy herself. She was showered with cards, presents and stunning flowers. She deserved all of it and more. Looked beautiful as always. Happy 90th Birthday Nanny Mary! I certainly enjoyed myself eating loads of food and having endless amounts of tea to wash it down. Matters haters tea party i think. Especially with my noisy family haha. 


Such a cute day and I am defiantly in a food coma from the amount of food I have just consumed. Ready for bed me thinks. Different blog post, hope you enjoyed it. Keep following me with my new posts and on social media :) 
With Love Always
B
x

Comments