BROWS BROWS BABY


'Yeah they are fine' ...'I cannot be bothered to do the'...'Oooh they are pretty' I finally did something about my brows after leaving them to grow out for AGESSSS. I just couldn't be bothered to do them and just filled in over the top anyways. But now was the time to be bothered and shape these cave men/ women eyebrows. I've always wanted to try threading and yes I am a eye brow threading virgin. And you know what, I will defo get them done again. I always walk past the people in shopping centers getting their brows done in front of everyone and I couldn't think of anything worse. I just couldn't manage if I saw anyone I knew mid way through a brow when my eye brows are all red and swore and eyes watering trying to hold down the tears. Or even worse the person completely fudging your brows and you having to walk around afterwards in the presence of lots of people again dreading seeing someone with wonky eyebrows. No thank you. That's one of the reasons it put me off. I admit, I am not the girlest of girls and when it comes down to pampering myself I just don't. There's the simple answer. Anyone who has known me for years knows I bite my finger nails right down leaving them stumpy to go with my fingers. So yeah I guess getting the old brows done was a first for me.

So where and how did you get them done I hear you asking... Well I wasn't going to get them done in the middle of Lakeside if anything. And to be honest I don't think I have ever been in a beauty salon? NO tell a lie, I have for a massage but that doesn't count because that was a gift and I didn't actually make the conscious to book it and go in there, haha. But anyway I had the privilege of having someone come to my house and do them for me. It was great. Ellie Harris da brow queen of Coopersale came and saved the day. I was super nice as Ellie and I first met in Primary school and went secondary together and have always lived in the same village and sometimes cross paths. It was soooo nice to have a friendly face do it for me the first time and seeing Ellie's work previously on social media etc I felt like I could trust her and even if it went wrong I knew I could just hibernate in my house afterwards. But have no fear, Ellie was here! She did such a good job and I was so happy with the outcome. I would defo recommend her if you obviously live near me ... haha 

So thanks to the wonderful Ellie, my brows are now tamed and looking fairly normal for once. I actually find it easier to do my brows now and saves me time now as well. So I guess my road to being more like a girl and pampering myself is underway and I suppose I could start by stop biting my nails and growing them... or not .... we all know I have tried and failed many times at that haha. So give Ellie a follow on her Instagram account which is in the picture below and have a scroll down and see if you can spot my before and after picture that I was too shameful of to post on here because my before was so bad... haha Just proved how much they had grown out and how good she did them. Ellie has come up with '5 Top Tips for the threading newbie' below, check them out:
5 TOP TIPS FOR THE THREADING NEWBIE
1. Grow grow grow
Grow them out as much as you can before your first thread, this will give the therapist more to work with, therefore achieving a better and fuller result first hand.
2. Natural is best
Never stray too far from your natural shape - if you try to change them too much that's when you end up thinning them and/or creating two different shapes. Working with what you've got is key - and if you really want a different shape (more of an arch etc.) then a pencil will help to create this.
3. Put the tweezers down!
I have many clients who suffer the consequences of over-plucking when they were younger. This can result in very thin or gappy eyebrows and can be very hard to achieve the fuller look that is so sought after nowadays. Also, tweezing can cause ingrowing hairs as it very regularly breaks the hair rather than pulling it from the root - resulting in little black dots around the brow area. Threading is the neatest cleanest method of hair removal so leave it to the professional!
4. Maintenance
The average client has their brows threaded about every 4 weeks, however everyone's rate of hair growth is different. Some people need them done more often if their hair grows faster, and less often if the hair grows slower. It is about finding that balance between getting them done too often and potentially thinning them, and leaving it too long and losing the shape. You could make a note of the date you first get them threaded, and then pinpoint when you feel like you need them done again and stick to this routine.
5. Tinting
Tinting before a shape will definitely add to the definition of the brow, helping them to appear thicker and fuller. And if you are fair haired don't fret - there is a colour for everyone! You can tint as light or as dark as you want, and this should last the same amount of time as your thread. For those who do not tend to wear a lot of makeup this will be perfect for you - as it gives you the filled in effect. For those who do wear makeup and like a lot of definition, a tint will provide a guideline for where to use your pencil.
For more tips, tricks and to see my work be sure to follow my Instagram! @browsandbeautybyellie