Hi. Finally written / sorted my blog post for my Berlin Christmas getaway. Just a few pictures of a few things I saw in the beautiful city of Berlin. I was the biggest tourist eva. Site seeing and eating lots of yummy foods from the German Christmas markets. I'll try not make this post too Christmaseyyyy as I know we are well past that and its like 2k16 and everyone is on that vibe of 'new year, new me' so yahh. P.s I still wanna be away :(
We stayed in Modern/ contemporary feel hotel with the biggest bed everrrrrr! I was able to starfish every night without kicking Luke and him moaning. It was fab. We was hardly in the hotel as expected, as we got up earlyish, had our breakfast and then setted off on our adventure each day. If anyone asks Luke how our trip to Berlin was I guarantee the first thing he will say is 'We must of walked a million miles each day' or something on the lines of that. It's true though. We did walk everywhere but we stumbled across things we didn't know was there and got to pack in more than expected. 
The buildings In Berlin are just breath taking. I agree that London has it beautiful buildings but when your in your own country and not being a tourist you don't take in the beauty around you. Being in Berlin I felt like my senses had heightened and I was picking up on absolutely everything. I truly wanted to take in everything knowing I was only going to be there for 4 days. The street art caught my eye the most. The effort and imagination that went into them. We are pictured in coats, gloves and woolly hats but all the walking we did kept us warm and the fresh cold air was refreshing all day. Apart from the odd runny and patching nose make-up. 
German Sausage, beer and sweeties filled our bellies most days. With a long lasting supply of fruit filling my backpack up courtesy of our hotel every morning. Coffee, coffee and more coffee. Although I am a tea gal but found myself drinking more coffee than tea. SHOCK horror. Tea lovers I warn you now its a Coffee culture out there, so bring your own tea bags if your that much of a tea fan.The funniest evening when we strolled into a supermarket and bought 6 liters of water for every day use. Although, it was 50 cent for a toilet trip each time while we was out and about therefore limiting our liquids was the tatic. Therefore drowning ourselves with water when returning to the hotel and making full use of our free toilet. 
Ice skating round the Neptune fountain was eventful. Bambi on ice here. I'm supposed to be a dancer with good balance but the side of the rink was my best friend. Smarty pants I was with showed me up as he was an ice hockey player back in the day. I guess clutching onto his hands while he pulled the heavy load along had some romance to it somewhere haha. At least I didn't fall over (which Luke was hoping for) Tbh I didn't fancy having a wet bum for the rest of the day. All good fun, adding it to my bucketlist. The best thing I took away from our trip was our photo booth pictures. A must do! and so worth 2 Euros may I just add. The first picture shows our confused faces to when the booth took the first photo. 
That's the end of photo diary of my fav pictures from Berlin. phewww! It's a must go place, so what are you waiting for? I would love to return in a different season and see it in a different light. It made it a special Christmas and defo one to remember. First Christmas with Luke and first time away together, wouldn't of changed it for the world. Thanking him for putting up with me for a trip. Yey. Happy Bethany. Now I am itching to plan another trip away and see more of this fab world. 


If you wanna see more of adventure I have posted a video on my Youtube channel, take a look -

With Love Always, B.

Comments