FITNESS CHEATS


The fitness trend is still on full hype and more women are wearing sports attire as everyday use than ever. I was always on the vibe of wearing crop tops and saying no to the un comfy bra from day dot. So as soon as it become 'fashionable' to wear brands like Nike, Adidas and Ellesse again the prices went soaring which was bad luck for the people who actually use those brands for its correct use and not a walk down your local high street or gathering. This is the same for gym equipment in general, from your yoga mats to dumbbells. I thought I would share some alternatives or 'cheats' if you haven't got that extra cash to use on fitness.

Dumbbells- Its great that you can buy single hand weights and choose a section of weight which suits your needs. Although it can still work out more than expected. My hack would be fill up some water bottles, either big 2 liter ones or smaller ones if you want less weight. Water can sure be heavy when repeating reps! We used to hold water bottles with straight arms above our heads and do jumps in first & second at college.. killllllerrrrr!

Yoga mat/ exercise mat -I think I have about three exercise mats now, lord knows why? But I need to chuck one away as its mud stained from dropping it in the mud after hot yoga and the foam is falling off! However these aren't too expensive to buy a cheapy one if you don't use it a lot and don't mind replacing it. My hack for this would be just use a towel? I couldn't be bothered to get my mat out earlier so i just grabbed the towel I was sunbathing on. Simples.  

Massage balls- If your like me and always have a million and one knots massage balls are your best friend. I have both types, the spiky ones and the rounded more firmer ones. They are best for get direct knots out whereas a foam roller target bigger muscles and areas. You get a good price off Amazon with these although why waste money when you can buy a tennis ball and let it work its magic. I have also heard a rolling pin does the trick too, just give it a wash after maybe? 

Gym membership- Signing your life away when you get a gym membership knowing the money is coming out your account and you have only been once this month.. You just don't have time? I get it, don't worry! Internet and YouTube is the best thing for your money saving souls. There are plenty of personal trainers and fitness accounts on there offering workouts for you in a wide range activities. From yoga workouts, to HITT, stretching, anything you want. Wack it into YouTube and attend your own fitness class from the comfort of your own living room or garden. 

Okay, so these are a few things how to save money when forking out for fitness. You don't have to take the expensive way of living, trust me. Fitness/ sport is for everyone, and everyone should have an equal chance of taking part despite their income. So what are you waiting for? Get onto YouTube and have a good sweat in your front room and the luxary of dying in your front room instead of a whole class at the gym. Then you can drag yourself up the stairs for a shower. RESULT! AND if your feeling kind you can check out my YouTube account for travel & lifestyle videos- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6t3SUFvrVNYpmlLiUxpjLQ