FOODIE WHILE TRAVELING

I have never been a fussy eater. I was fortunate that my taste buds seemed to enjoy every bit of food that went into my gob. Suppose it was my parents influence and basically saying you cannot leave the table until 1. You have cleared your plate & 2.You try everything even if you don't like the look of it. Thanks Trudes & Glenn. This has made me a massive foodie. Luke & I loooveee going out to eat and trying new foods and just basically eating until our eyes are bigger than our bellies. It's great. (If you have watched my YouTube channel you can witness our foodie behavior) 

Anyway, this leads me onto this blog post... The big question is how to 'stay in shape on holiday' or 'staying on track on holiday' ??! My simple answer is- You cannot. Well that's not true. But I believe you need to experience that culture wherever you are travelling. And I mean really experience the local traditions and foods. Don't be that typical tourist and just order the most English meal, something that reminds you of home. Don't be scared to try the local fish or meat. It's not going to kill you.. come on the locals eat it. It gives you that good feeling, something different. + I feel like it inspires you to try this at home. When we went to Greece last year as a family, my dad was constantly asking what flavors and ingredients they put in the dishes. Poor girl, she could never think of the English word for the spices. 

It's not always about the main dishes. Traditional deserts are heaven. This is where the pounds slowly creep on. But you say to yourself, you haven't traveled all this way or little way (depending where you are) to say no to this once in a life time taste just because 'your watching your weight'. Who cares?! You haven't worked all year for this body and then not give yourself a treat! EAT EAT EAT.

Of course eat in moderation, I'm not telling you to go mad and be walking bin. But the main thing is enjoy yourself. Enjoy the company you have around you. Photograph the memories and share them with everyone. Your most likely to visit that place once so absorb everything you can and take it all in. Maybe put that phone down for a while and actually see through the eye instead of a lens or phone. True beauty. Next adventure is Amsterdam in less than a week. Blog post & YouTube video will follow the trip, make sure you look out.