Challenge Accepted



Ella- from Deliciously Ella.


Being in full time training at performing arts college we are expected to eat healthy and maintain our bodies, we are seen as athletes therefore 'Eating clean is a lifestyle'.  I totally agree with this as after all our bodies are our instrument and need to be the best they can be in order for us to work at our optimum. I am fortunate that at home my family eat healthy and I am offered a healthy meal every night cooked by my dad. I was bought up to always try new varieties of food especially when on holiday. My family holidays would often be somewhere non-touristy and remote and we would find ourselves battling with the local lingo and ordering foods we had a half an idea about. but this is what I loved about going on holiday.I was exposed to different foods from a young age and no way a fussy eater! Which brings me to this new post...  
 It's so easy falling into a routine and eating the same foods each week and not mixing things up. I feel I am not exploring all the lovely fresh foods out there and sticking to the same sometimes boring habits.  I am all for trying new foods and needed the motivation to do this. My principle at college is full of amazing ideas and can direct you in the right path she feels will benefit you. She asked if I had heard of 'Deliciously Ella', and I hadn't and she explained briefly about her lifestyle and foods she eats. Immediately even talking about her gave me a huge motivation boost and as soon as I got home from college I was on her website and couldn't get enough. 
"I started the blog as a way of dealing with a relatively rare illness, Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. Overnight I took up a whole foods, plant-based diet and gave up all meat, dairy, sugar, gluten, anything processed and all chemicals and additives."
 After looking through her posts I've decided to try follow some of the recipes for breakfast, lunch ,snacks and some dinners. I am currently on a three week break from college for Easter, and I feel this is probably the best time to try this as I have more time to make and experiment with the recipes. Also being off college breaks a routine and I find it hard to stick with the 'healthy eating' when off therefore this will a good challenge to keep me motivated and trying new things.

Day One of my journey starts tomorrow! Feel free to follow me on this as I am going to try post about my day every few days. I am excited to start this and to see the outcome. Hopefully this may inspire others to try something new or kick your bum in action if you have been debating to do the switch to a healthier lifestyle.

Au revoir for now. 

With Love always 
x

Take at look at Ella's website to find out more on her journey, recipes, and lifestyle. http://deliciouslyella.com/

Comments