DAY ONE ..

Day One of the Challenge.


Good Afternoon/ evening you lovely people. I'm back, yey. Another new post after I posted yesterday as promised, proud that I kept to that... (sad I know) but today has been successful and I am even more excited now to get going with these recipes. The blender is out ready waiting to be used.  I didn't have chance to try anything today as I was teaching all day and had to make do with what I already had in the house. However it was still healthy and full of goodness. 


I started the day off with a big bowl of porridge. I was running a bit late therefore I couldn't experiment with adding things to it so I just kept it simple, oats and skimmed milk. Cooked in the microwave. Green tea to wash it down. The porridge lasted me till lunchtime and through a whole morning of hyper pre-school kids and playing silly games and attempting to teach some dances. For lunch I had left over ratatouille from last nights dinner, which I had put in a container and claimed before anyone else could. It tasted even better for lunch warmed up and filled me up for the rest of the afternoon. Once finished teaching I returned home to a well needed cup of tea and started to think about dinner. For dinner I was limited for time as I was going out again so I made some Quinoa with a chicken stock added to it. I cooked some broccoli and peas and added that. I didn't want to add to much veg as I had already had a whole load for lunch and wasn't feeling overly hungry.  But it was pretty simple to make and I was ready in time to go out, which is the main thing of course ;) 

Oh i almost forgot to mention my shopping trip, the main reason of this post. Duhh silly Bethany. Once I had finished teaching, on the way home I did stop to go food shopping just so I could pick up any extra foods that I needed to stock up on or I didn't have at all of.The shopping trolley was so full of color's (wish I took a picture now) and just all looked so yummy.  It was so easy to find everything in the supermarket (if you know where to find stuff I guess) and wasn't over expensive which people always make an excuse about when having to buy 'healthy foods'. All ready for tomorrows mission.
My rough shopping list below...
My shopping list-
*Pears, apples, bananas, mango, mixed berries ( frozen)
*Almond Milk
*Spinach/ kale leaves
*Chia seeds/ pumpkin seeds/ pine nuts
*Cucumber/ celery
*Sweet Potatoes
*Beetroot (not still keen but I'm willing to try it again)
*Broccoli/ carrots
*Avocado
*Rocket/ lettuce
*Quiona/ buckwheat

I think I may plan what I aim to make tomorrow just so I am one step ahead and ready. Although right this moment writing this I haven't decided. You will just have to wait till tomorrow to find out! So tomorrow is the first day of experimenting, lets do this! Hopefully I will be posting tomorrow about my second day but first day of recipes, if that makes sense in a weird way.Wish me luck. Lets get blending. Any questions feel free to ask me :) 
With love always

B
x

bethtrower@hotmail.co.uk . twitter-bethanytrower. 

Comments