DAY- WHO CARES!?

Breaking the rules because I can.
Yet again another busy busy day, however I did have time to follow a new recipe and post about it! Yey go me.. My mum was an absolute babe and went food shopping for me while I was out running this morning. I did get soaked from the sudden down pour while running but it was kinda refreshing and stopped me getting overheated and ridiculously sweaty like I normally do. ewww. however my mum thought my jumper was sweaty and not wet from the rain.. cheers mumma.. but going back to the new recipe. I had no clue what to make or even pick as I was still waiting for the food to arrive. That sounds so lazy and ungrateful, I'm not like that I swear. I did help mother Trower unpack the goods from the car though! The weather has been gorgeous these past few days and I have been craving fruit smoothies like I would do in the summer. So I went onto Deliciously Ella's site to pick a smoothie to make. My mum reminded me that there was still frozen berries in the freezer that I could use so I searched for the recipe that involved them. I could only find the breakfast smoothie that had mixed berries in them but who cares?! Breaking the rules and having a breakfast smoothie for late lunch...guiltyyyy.. I am one of those weird people who can have cereal at any time of the day. In my eyes cereal taste so much better at night than in the morning, pretty sure if I went to uni I would of lived off cereal purely for the convenience, cost and love! Smoothie time, gathered all my ingredients and started to blend.


*Told you I would use the new glass jars I bought yesterday, they work perfect for smoothies :) Okay so this smoothie took me less than 15 mins to make , it was super fast and taste super yummy too. Such simple ingredients as well! So all you need is- One banana, a handful of spinach, 2 handfuls of frozen berries or fresh, 1/2 a cup of almond milk, 3 big table spoons of oats, and one table spoon of chia seeds. Basically blend all these together and your done! When I did mine I didn't have any fresh spinach but I had some frozen in the freezer, so with the frozen berries and spinach I bunged them in the microwave to defrost. I suppose you could let them defrost themselves but I am very impatient and would get bored waiting. If I would of planned this the day before I could of been organised and got out the berries and spinach and left them to defrost.. but that didn't happen.. Also I still haven't found chia seeds in my local supermarket yet, I'm pretty sure that you can find them in health shops like Holland and Barrett but I haven't got round to going there yet! My job to do next. So instead of the chia seeds I added pumpkin seeds to the top! I'm really loving pumpkin seeds at the moment, they just add so much flavor to things. They defiantly go well with low fat Greek yogurt , dribble of honey, mixed nuts and raisins! A perfect easy to prepare breakfast.  So yeah that's my breakfast smoothie photographed at the top. I will defiantly be making this again and I'm sure this batch will last me and I will be able to have this tomorrow morning for breakfast! Excited for breakfast already.
Make sure you go and check out the website 'Deliciously Ella' and try the recipes I have been making or try some of the different ones ahead of me! I will put the link below for you..  Hope you are all enjoying the lovely sunshine we are having, sorry If its raining where you are reading from... summer is well on it's way which makes me beyond excited. Feel free to ask me any questions by email- bethtrower@hotmail.co.uk. Or Tweet me- bethanytrower. Always love to hear feedback or what things other people have been making. I think I may be organised and plan out what I'm going to make next.. think think think... anyways goodbye for now you lovely people. Keep following me as I haven't got long left of blogging frequently as I am returning to college. And I know you will all miss me a lot... I'm joking. Later's people!


Link for the breakfast smoothie- http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/the-easiest-breakfast-smoothie/

With Love Always

B
x


Comments