New goodies

You have Post Miss Bethany Trower
I'm such a kid when it comes to getting things in the post. Even if I know I have ordered something and waiting for it to arrive, I still get a thrill out of seeing a package on the bench by the front door waiting for me to arrive home from college and open. So the package was from amazon... it was fairly big... padded....had two items in it...and it was food! Can you guess? Probably not haha. okay okay I will tell you...Chia seeds and Hemp Powder. Soooo exciting, I know! If you have read previously on my blog you know I have been meaning to buy chia seeds and needed to go out hunting for them. One evening I decided to price check them and see where my local best bet was. I looked on Holland and Barrett to begin with as that's the most obvious place. On average they came out about £12 for 400g and there were various of brands available. Me being me, I wanted to find a cheaper alternative and hunt around. Plus I knew ordering would be cheaper and easier for me. Next I went on to amazon as I almost get everything on their cheaper. Jackpot.  The product I bought was £2.75 + £2.99 postage and 500g. It was almost half the price and had more in there than the Holland and Barrett ones. Happy Bethany Indeed! Added to my amazon basket straight away. 

Before buying anything I like to do a bit of research on it and find out the benefits of what I'm putting into my meals and most my important body. I'm not one of those people who buys and eats things because everyone else is and jumping on the band wagon and when asked doesn't actually know why and what it's doing. It's not even pretending that I want to know everything and trying to impress people, I loveeee expanding my knowledge on things and passing it on to others to help them. Reading up on Chia seeds they have so much goodness in them and I cannot wait to start using them in my recipes. They are high in Omega 3 & 6, tones of Protein, Fibre, Iron and Antioxidants. They also have more calcium than milk which helps to strengthen your teeth and bones! Most of the recipes I have been looking at involve Chia seeds and you can use them in all your meal times! I will be adding them to everything, why not? I have not tried them before but they are described as a 'tasteless superfood seed'. Don't let that put you off though... of course you add them to things with more flavor. Chia seeds are also made up of about 20% protein, which is amazing when protein is one of the things we need our lives daily. Proteins main benefits are that it boots our energy levels and stabilizes our blood sugar levels. This is perfect for my lifestyle, training at college everyday and needing protein with every meal to help me get through the day and perform at my optimum. These seeds are perfect in my eyes, they are so easy to add to and fuss free. The amazing thing I read about them too is that they can absorb up to ten times their water weight!! So they go like a gel like substance when absorbing the water, meaning you can use them to bind things and also keep you full for a long time! They just keep getting better and better to be honest. P.s when adding them to a smoothie, drink it as soon as possible otherwise the seeds will expand and the smoothie will go thicker and more solid due to the seeds soaking up the liquid! Glad I read that otherwise that would of been me the silly idiot stuck with a  solid smoothie haha. Lets get using these little specs and I will let you know what they are like, but have a look for yourself online.
 My Second goodie that came in the post was Hemp Protein Powder! I'm going all out with the protein at the moment and just looking and exploring different ways how to get it without having animal products. There are so many variations of plant based products that have enormous amounts of protein in them and hemp is one with 50% in it! Hemp powder falls into the category of protein powders but I wasn't looking for protein powders to build muscle and get lean blah blah . It just so happens that it falls into that. Right get listening/reading, you may learn something today... Essential Amino Acids are things that your body can not make and needs to source from foods, hemp protein is the most complete source of protein and has all the essential amino acids that your body needs. Protein is known to build and repair muscle, but hemp also has vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. So basically it's another god sent and I've got my hands on it. Again I did shop around for it to get the best possible price. Holland and Barrett price check first, so non branded just hemp powder cost around £12 on average and then I went straight to my friend Amazon and bought it on there for £6.49 free postage. My packet is also 500g and the H&B one was only 250g and still way more expensive. Amazon all the way! Will be trying this bad boy stuff in smoothies and see how it goes.

So yeh i've completed my first week back at college, despite doing workouts through the Easter break mid week had me walking like a duck and a hot bath was my best friend again. Just getting back into full time again and working different muscles and into the early mornings and struggling to keep my eyes open past nine. But I am NO WAY complaining, this is my life and being busy and working hard for what I love doing it the best part and so rewarding. Teaching and rehearsals taking up my weekends, slightly missing a lay in to recover but a cheeky nap one afternoon at the weekend will help that! I'm happy that I got to post again so soon and share my goodies I got. Hopefully I will try combine a post about a few recipes i have made in the week. Fingers and toes crossed. Keep following me on my blog & feel free to email/ask me anything. bethtrower@hotmail.co.uk/ bethanytrower. Goodbye you lovely people, stay happy and healthy:) 

I thought I would give you the links for the products I bought to save you lot time and effort... aren't I nice ;)
But feel free to dig deeper to find better deals or just fancy a different product. If you do find better/cheaper ones I would be grateful for you to share with me! 


With Love Always

B
x

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello is there any daily limit or intake for the seeds? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chloe!

    I have read up on this and it says there isn't a limit or recommended intake of chia seeds xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment