Let's go shopping...

The Maze Maze!
Can you guess where I ended up today? Well its large, you can easily play hide and seek, pretend you have the 'perfect house' and have the world best meatballs.. it is in fact 'IKEA'. As a kid my mum used to always take me, to be honest she used to drag me along and bribe me with buying me food at the end.. but actually this is the coolest place ever if you think about it. You can get everything in there, and i mean everything. Its perfect for all stages of your life too. From having your first bed, to moving away to uni and buying everything you need and when you move into your first house with someone. Or you just want to buy a plant...The best part is its all so cheap and worth it. You have to love a flat pack though... my dad certainly doesn't. Most things will fit in your car too, I know a fair few times my mum squeezed things into our car as she fancied a new chest of draws.  But anyway, if you strange people have never taken a trip to an Ikea you are seriously missing out. Even if you don't need to buy anything I guarantee you that you will come away with something or stop and have their amazing meatballs. And if you don't like meatballs there are other amazing foods you can try. Coffee lovers you will be in heaven.. if you have an Ikea card (like my mum) you get unlimited coffee for free! Yes for free. I'm all about free things because this isn't a free world at the end of the day.  but yes you can certainly spend a good few hours in there and it can inspire you to change things around at home too! I wasn't going to buy anything in particular. My friend is moving house and wanted to pick up a few things for his new room so I followed him around like a puppy. You follow the path like the yellow brick road in Wizard of Oz and go through the various sections and room displays and reach the end with a yellow bag full wondering how you stacked up all these items when didn't need anything and was simply browsing. But that's the fun of Ikea. Even if you go home with a new cheese grater and storage boxes that you don't need.


So as we pass through the cooking section my eye catches these glass containers. Now I have been looking for jars and containers like these for ages, I even looked on the internet and they were all so over priced and I just gave up. But since I have been blogging and making smoothies I felt I needed to make things more presentable and 'professional'. I know myself I am 'slap dash' and not the most artistic person therefore these cute jars will help me to step it up. If you have read my previous posts you can see that I had to put my green smoothie into a protein shake container... But now I have these they will look cuter. The best part was that they were so so cheap. They were £1.95 each, EACH! I couldn't believe it either. There was various sizes as well, I was so tempted so buy loads of them, but I think I may try these out and then go back for more if I need them. Look out for my next posts featuring the amazing, cheap, cute glass containers. Easily pleased I am... So yeah I did come home with something. I also love candles, especially ones that smell of vanilla and sweet things. Ikea has the best selection of candles and I always buy a pack of them as I am always using endless amounts of candles at home. Good job I did pick up a yellow carry bag at the start! I'm sure that yellow massive bag puts a spell on you and makes you buy things.. It was well worth it though. Sadly I didn't get to have any meatballs or food as it wasn't really time for lunch, a bit early plus we was on a tight schedule and still had other shopping to do! But I know my mother has Ikea's Swedish meatballs in the freezer at home that she bought last time. I think I know what I want for dinner already haha. Successful day out at the coolest place ever. Remember, go and visit this! I know my post wasn't about my recipe making but it was something to do with it ... New recipe tomorrow . Make sure you look out for my new post and keep following me. 
Adjö people. Feel free to contact me by email bethtrower@hotmail.co.uk, or tweet me- bethanytrower !
With Love Always

x

Comments